Keeping your shower clean and fresh can feel like a never-ending task. Soap scum, grime, and mildew quickly accumulate, leaving you with a less-than-pleasant showering experience. Many of us turn towards homemade bathroom cleaners, as these DIY cleaning recipes are affordable, highly customizable, and eco-friendly. And, honestly, they work great when you’re only tackling light grime and dirt, and don’t want to use those harsh, acidic chemicals. If you’ve been looking for some new, simple recipes to try, read on for some quick DIY shower cleaner options.
Fighting The Light Grime With Cupboard-Based Recipes
The simplest and quickest DIY shower cleaner recipes always use items that you already have in your cupboard. This is what makes them budget-friendly, and so easy to use! But be warned, because they’re simple, they won’t have the same heavy-duty grime fighting capabilities as the store-bought, commercial products.
1. Blue Dawn + White Vinegar. This one is often touted as a “magic potion” that restores bathrooms and showers back to their original, sparkly, white glory. The ingredients are simple: Dawn dishwashing liquid – blue, white vinegar (5% acidic), and an empty 32 oz (1.21 kg) spray bottle.
- To combine these, place 1 cup (0.24 l) of blue Dawn into your spray bottle, and then fill the rest with white vinegar. Shake gently to mix and then apply liberally and let sit for 30-minutes. Rinse with water.
2. White Vinegar + Lemon + Baking Soda. This one is a citrus, all-purpose cleaner that requires store-bought white vinegar, the juice from 1 lemon, and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- It’s super quick and easy to combine too, just take ½ a cup of white vinegar, and combine it with the juice from 1 lemon (remove pulp and seeds) and pour into a spray bottle. Then add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the liquid, and shake until it’s mixed in well. Then apply the solution to all surfaces that need cleaning, and wait for 5–10 minutes, before scrubbing it with a damp sponge or cloth. Rinse with water.
3. Baking Soda Paste. Another exceedingly easy option is to make a baking soda paste, which works well on stainless steel, ceramic tile, shower floors, sinks, and bathtubs that have tougher stains. Baking soda is abrasive and so, it helps to quickly remove any dirt, grime, or mildew without much effort on your part.
- The ingredients are simply 3 parts baking soda, to 1 part warm water. For example, if you mix 3 teaspoons of baking soda into a metal bowl, add in 1 teaspoon of warm water and mix until you get a thick paste. Then take this paste and apply it to the surface you want to clean in small patches. Rub it gently with a sponge or cloth, and then rinse with warm water.
While these homemade bathroom cleaners may work for cases of light dirt and grime, they aren’t going to be up for the challenge of tackling heavy instances of soap scum, hard water deposits, calcium deposits, or mildew. For example, tile walls are prone to discoloration due to moisture exposure, while shower heads often get a buildup of calcium deposits that clog the holes. And the harsh chemicals in your shampoos and conditioners create layers of soap scum on the shower walls that can take hours to remove. Trying to use a DIY shower cleaner for these types of jobs isn’t going to cut it, as it just doesn’t have the power to break down the dirt and grease. That’s when you need to turn to a heavy-duty product lineup like ROG3.
Why ROG is Far Better Than Other Cleaning Solutions
We’re sure that you can see why DIY shower cleaners and homemade bathroom cleaners have become so popular. But, the truth is, if you’re dealing with heavy dirt and grease, you’ll require layers and layers of your DIY bathroom cleaners just to make a dent. Instead, choose ROG3’s Ultimate Bathroom and Shower Cleaner Kit, which has been formulated with extra-strength anti-grease and grime-fighting properties to tackle the toughest dirt, leaving your shower clean and refreshed. Here is why it works far better than DIY options:
- It uses a proprietary blend of powerful organic compounds to cut through the dirt and grime in your bathroom, and kitchen, while being non-acidic. This means that it’s safe to use on even the most delicate of surfaces, including your tile grout, carpet, and cast iron bathtubs. Yep, you can even use it on the shower walls, the glass doors, and your countertops.
- It’s non-toxic, making it safe for you, your family, and your pets. It does not contain any harsh phosphates, and has low odor, so you won’t walk away leaving a heavy chemical scent everywhere.
- Say goodbye to hours of scrubbing. ROG3 does not require “elbow grease” to remove the tough spots, as you just simply spray it and leave it. It works in 15-minutes or less, making it an efficient way to get your home clean.
- KOHLER approved. ROG3 has been approved by KOHLER and can be used on all of their fixtures. So, you can rest assured that it will not damage your shower, tub, or sinks, no matter what type of material they’re made from.
In addition to tackling heavy dirt and grime, the kit comes with a ROG White Cream, which helps renew non-slip surfaces and creates a protective barrier to ward off future buildup, which just isn’t something you’re going to get with a homemade bathroom cleaner.
How to Use ROG to Get the Best Results in Your Bathroom
Getting the best results is easy with ROG, because the process is so straightforward. Simply grab your ROG 3 Blue Liquid, attach the foaming spray head to the bottle and spray all areas you want to clean (do not shake). Let the foam sit for at least 10-minutes, and then scrub away at it for a few minutes. Repeat as needed.
For the white cream, shake the bottle well, then squeeze a healthy amount onto the bottom of your shower floor. Spread it around evenly and let it sit for 2–5 minutes. Once the time is up, scrub away at it with a non-abrasive scrub pad, and rinse. Repeat as needed.
At ROG3, we believe every home should be as clean and as safe as possible, which is why we are so proud to offer our Ultimate Bathroom and Shower Cleaner Kit. So, if you’re ready to save time and step up your cleaning game, choose the ROG solution. With this kit in hand, you can finally tackle the dirt and grime that DIY cleaners just can’t handle, with ease. Give it a try today and see the difference for yourself.